Concentric’s Next Chapter: Solving the Energy (Power) Problem for Facility Leaders
Facility leaders play a vital role in keeping America running, and their importance has never been greater.
The sense of purpose that comes with this responsibility can be exhilarating, but as the demands placed on leaders continue to grow in both size and complexity, frustration occurs...
If you are a Warehouse Leader, throughput is growing as we transition from a retail to ecommerce-driven world. You must automate to keep up, as well as become an Employer of Choice--all while being asked to do more with less.
If you are a Data Center or Communications Center Leader, data computing, localization and technology innovation is accelerating so rapidly it is nearly impossible to keep up with growing space, power, cooling and computing requirements.
If you are a Utility Leader, the power generation options and requirements are growing with the push towards cleaner technologies along with growing usage demands that EV electrification will have on the grid.
Facility leaders, like all of us, find themselves living in a time of VUCA (Volatility, Uncertainty, Complexity, and Ambiguity). Despite some supply chain issues gradually settling, these VUCA challenges persist, and ensuring these facility leaders continue to succeed Is why we are so excited about Concentric's next chapter.
Facility power problems are beginning to converge: on the usage side its all about increased throughput and energy consumption for material handling/forklifts, automation equipment, data center servers and more. This 24/7 requirement puts enormous pressure on the sources side of a facility’s power system driving need to consider backup power, energy storage systems, microgrids and more to provide enough power, resilience, as well as decarbonize.
Over the coming months, we’ll share about how our Forklift Power & Critical Power solutions are converging to tackle trends like:
1. Electrification – 70% of forklifts are electric today and we are providing solutions like PowerHIVE to help ensure they never falter. Yet, it is the emergence of on-road EVs that will challenge our grid and facilities' energy infrastructure even more.
2. Delivering resilient, distributed energy - As natural disasters rise while electricity/power demand grows, the Big Grid is stumbling. The need for distributed, facility power is growing and solutions like flexible energy storage, micro grids, energy management and mobility power management are rising to meet these needs.
3. Providing predictive service - To deliver resilience and zero interruption requires service organizations that transition up the continuum from reactive to proactive to predictive energy management and equipment maintenance. This requires building on our legacy as a customer- and technician-centric led organization.
4. Automation - Solving the facility power problem is critical to enabling the level of automation required to drive next generation data centers, warehouses, manufacturers, utilities and more.
5. Sustainability – Customers desire solutions that positively impact their People (safety and work enjoyment), our Planet (reduce carbon and energy consumption) and their Profits (deliver at a sustainable, lower total cost).
With growing challenges comes new innovation and we are excited about the emerging capabilities available to us and our facility partners to deliver on a cleaner, more resilient energy future. We can’t wait to get started.
Please don’t hesitate to reach out if you’d like to understand more about how we can help you tackle your material handling or critical power (backup & energy storage) needs.
Reach out to us.